- The quilt must consist of a minimum of two layers, although any technique may be used.
- Size: quilts can be made to a maximum of 1 metre square.
- The quilt has a free choice of edging treatments.
- No glass fronted, framed, mounted quilts or quilts made from kits will be allowed.
- The work should have been completed in the last two years.
- The quilt must have a 10 cm (4 inch) hanging sleeve, (with sufficient fullness to accommodate the hanging rod).
- Please ensure that your quilt is labelled on the back at the bottom edge with the following information: Name of the Quilt / Name of Quilter / Postal Address.
- The quilt should not have been exhibited prior to submission to this exhibition.
- Quilts made by more than one person at any stage of construction should identify all of those involved.
- Quilts are not for sale during the exhibition.
- The decision on which quilts may be hung rests with the exhibition centres, whose decision will be final.
- The quilts are covered by the NIPG insurance once the quilt is received by the hosting branch.
- By entering your quilt you agree to have it photographed for publicity purposes and the catalogue of the exhibition.
- Each quilt must have its own bag labelled with the name of the quilt, the name of the maker and your guild / branch.
- Quilts will be released at the end of the exhibition period and not before that time.
- Deadline for quilts to be received is Saturday 6th April at the Monthly Meeting. No late entries will be accepted due to cataloguing and photographing of quilts.
Please complete a separate form for each quilt you enter
Name of Entrant(s): ________________________________________
Phone no. _________________________________________________
Name of Quilt: ____________________________________________
Size of quilt: ____________________________________________
Value of quilt (for insurance purposes): __________________________
Artist Statement: (give a description of your quilt. Details such as what the inspiration was, fabrics and techniques used and the story behind the quilt).
Send your entries to :
NIPG Members: Quilts will be collected at monthly Guild meeting 2nd March 2019
IPS Members: Quilts will be collected by Branch Reps or send to: Paula Rafferty, St. Stephen’s, Killonan, Ballysimon, Co. Limerick, V94 TRT4
I agree to abide by the rules and condition of the exhibition. I agree to allow my quilt if chosen to travel over the years 2019 and 2020.
Signed: ____________________________ Date: _______________________