I doubt that anyone reading this page would wonder why the 2021 exhibition was delayed, but the good news is that it became reality in 2022 and was a great success.
Congratulations to the Irish Patchwork Guild for a wonderful exhibition in Dublin and to Anne Hardcastle and her team who mounted this exciting exhibition in the exceptional venue of the Millenium Court, Portadown.
`Hands Across the Border` is a joint venture between NIPG and IPS [Irish Patchwork Society]. Every other year either NIPG or IPS hold an exhibition of work made by each of these groups.
30 years ago, NIPG and IPS joined together to make use of funding granted at that time for Cross Border initiatives. NIPG and IPS take it in turns to host the opening, the exhibition spends some time in that venue before being transferred to the other groups venue.
This year, 2021 in addition to it being the year in which we celebrate the 30th year of “Hands Across The Border” , it is also the Irish Patchwork Guild’s 40th celebration. It is also the turn of the Irish Patchwork Guild to be the host.
Synopsis of Essential Details
Full rules and entry form are available HERE.
TITLE: ` Hanging Together Again`
SIZE: 30inches wide 40inches long ( all quilts are to be the same size)
DEADLINE for submission 1st July 2021 (no late entries all entries are photographed for the catalogue)
- No glass fronted, framed or mounted quilts.
- No quilts made from kits or workshop samples will be accepted.( i.e. original work).
- The work should have been completed within the last 2 years and not previously exhibited.
- Quilts are not for sale during the exhibition and only available for collection at the end of the exhibition. (Probably up to one year after the opening.)
- By entering a quilt you agree to have it photographed for publicity purposes and the catalogue of the exhibition.
For more details about labelling, hanging sleeve and packaging please look HERE