Here’s a message from our Chair, Brenda Richardson.
Well the summer is almost over and I noticed the other day that the nights are also drawing in.
I hope you have all had a good summer and got lots of sewing done.
The new Guild year starts on Saturday 3rd September in the Parochial Hall at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum.
Following some of last year’s comments, the committee have decided to have an earlier start to our meetings. Doors open 10.00 a.m. and the meeting will start at 10.45a.m. with the speaker being introduced at 11.00 a.m.
The theme for our first meeting is Reaching Out. We will hear from:-
- Lydia Black about reaching out in Uganda
- Angela McCormick and Patricia Pauley will talk about helping with the Belfast WAVE quilt.
- There will be the ever popular Show and Tell, so please bring along your new work to show.
- We will be presenting a cheque to Quaker Cottage in respect of last year’s charity collection.
- You will hear about the workshops up until Christmas.
So come along early to catch up, pay your fees (still only £30) and see what’s new about the 2016 / 2017 year. The membership form is attached
Don’t forget to bring your cup and wear your name badge. If you haven’t already made one you have a few days before the meeting!
Looking forward to seeing everyone,
NB This form is an image, so you can’t complete it online. However, you can print it. Using the right click on your mouse select, “Save Image as”…. whatever you like. Current members will have received the form in the email which Brenda has sent everyone. If you haven’t got that email, or if you have a question, please get in touch.