Dear Members and Friends
The January meeting was so successful and busy that we did not have time to mention workshops! Here are details of the next 2 workshops. If you are interested or want to know more, please contact us. Visitors welcome!
Turning Japanese with Yvonne McAtamney of Village Fabrics
The design shown here is called
Techniques used in the workshop are- machine piecing
- 3D prairie points
- needle turn
- machine stitched appliqué
- sashiko stitching.
- Two contrasting fabrics for background 6½” x 22″and they really do need to contrast
- Another contrasting fabric for the circle. The fabric for the circle needs to be 10″ square and also contrast with background fabric.
- The appliqué uses three co- ordinating fabrics -10″squares enough 5″ width of fabric for binding Backing 12″ x 22″
- Wadding 12″ x 22″
- Sewing machine and bobbins
- Threads to match fabrics
- Also embroidery threads
- Usual sewing kit pins, hand sewing needles, small sharp scissors
- Cutting mat, 6½” x 24½” ruler
- Don’t forget your glasses!
March – Mad March Hare with our own Paula Ellis
The photographs show the project in two different colourways.
The techniques used in this project are:
- machine appliqué
- machine satin stitch
- the use of light boxes.
A variety of coloured tweed combinations can work for this project